There are several pain relievers readily available in the pharmaceutical market today. Oxycodone and Percocet are both opioid drugs that help relieve pain. This article discusses these drugs in detail.
What is Percocet?
Percocet is the trade name for painkiller medicine. It contains Oxycodone and acetaminophen, a pain relief medicine sold over the counter as Tylenol. To experience this combined pain-relieving effect ( of Oxycodone and acetaminophen ), you can buy Percocet online. Percocet blocks your pain and offers a second mode of pain relief from the acetaminophen component, a non-opiate analgesic that relieves fever. The United States FDA ( the Food and Drug Administration ) approved the use of Percocet in 1976.
This drug has consistently ranked as one of the most commonly prescribed pain reliever drugs. Hence, you must order Percocet online overnight to experience overnight pain relief with minimal side effects ( if used as directed ). The drug’s manufacturer, i.e., Endo International, currently produces Percocet tablets in four different strengths, each with a distinctive color.
The Oxycodone HCL drug found in Percocet pills varies from 2.5 to 10 mg. All Percocet tablet strengths contain 325 mg of acetaminophen. The molecular structure of Percocet is nearly identical to heroin. It is why the Percocet drug acts pretty similar to other opioid drugs and opiates. Percocet users can expect to feel sedated and feel euphoria and pain relief.
What are the primary uses of Percocet?
People primarily use Percocet medication for pain relief, but Percocet can also make some people feel relaxed and sleepy. You can also buy Percocet online for Percocet medication, i.e., to feel comfortable after a hectic day. Percocet contains Oxycodone which binds to opioid receptors in your brain and spinal cord, blocking specific pain signals. When you swallow Percocet tablets ( Oxycodone and acetaminophen ), it gets absorbed by the body.
Percocet will begin working to relieve pain around 15 to 30 minutes after taking the drug, although it reaches its peak effect in about an hour. Buy Percocet online, as it will effectively alleviate your pain rapidly. Percocet will continue to work for 3 to 6 hours. It is vital to ensure that you take the correct amount of Percocet medication each time.
Acetaminophen, the other component in Percocet, is a non-opioid pain relief medicine that can reduce a fever. Because Percocet contains acetaminophen, Percocet can also help with fever-related symptoms, such as muscle aches, chills, and fatigue. You may buy Percocet online and use it if you experience fever-related symptoms because Percocet acts to reduce fever due to its acetaminophen component, as explained here.
Percocet can also treat breakthrough pain when long-acting pain medication does not provide enough relief. Dosing depends on your age and need, the form of the drug, and whether the medicine is extended-release or immediate-release. Percocet and Oxycodone should be taken only as directed by a medical professional.
What is Oxycodone?
Oxycodone is a powerful opioid drug. Oxycodone is derived from the same source as morphine, opium, and heroin. Oxycodone is a semi-synthetic opiate that modifies thebaine, an organic compound in opium. You can buy Oxycodone online as it is a safe and effective pain reliever. Oxycodone medication is available in different forms. This includes:
1. immediate-release capsules and tablets ( brand names are Roxicodone, Oxaydo, and Roxybond ), which are released into your bloodstream right away
2. extended-release capsules and tablets ( trade name is OxyContin ), which are released into your bloodstream gradually
3. oral solution, used for managing pain in people who can not swallow tablets and is usually administered via a gastric tube
You can buy Oxycodone online because Oxycodone effectively acts on your central nervous system ( or CNS ) to block the feeling of pain.
What are the uses of Oxycodone?
A doctor can prescribe Oxycodone to treat moderate to severe pain. Opioids also trigger a sense of euphoria or sleepiness in some people and can be pretty addictive. Doctors usually prescribe opioid drugs such as Oxycodone when a person has moderate to severe pain, which can result from:
- an infected tooth
- muscle damage
- an injury such as a broken bone
Is Oxycodone acetaminophen the same as Percocet?
Yes, Percocet is a combination drug of Oxycodone and acetaminophen. You may buy Percocet online for its efficient actions in reducing your pain.
Duration of effect of Percocet and Oxycodone
Generally, immediate-release Oxycodone and Percocet start working within 15 to 30 minutes of taking them, reach their peak effects within an hour, and last for about 3 to 6 hours. Oxycodone ER tablets are longer-acting. They begin to relieve pain within 2 to 4 hours of taking them and steadily release the Oxycodone for about 12 hours. Both medicines can stop providing effective pain relief when taken long-term. This is known as tolerance.
What are the potential side effects of Percocet and Oxycodone?
Percocet and Oxycodone often cause several similar side effects since Oxycodone is an ingredient in Percocet. A few of the most common adverse effects of Oxycodone and Percocet include:
- headaches, dizziness, sweating, sleepiness, and itchiness
- constipation, nausea, and vomiting
- brain fog or feeling less alert
- a loss of appetite
A few people experience more severe side effects, such as:
- confusion, low blood pressure, painful urination, and allergic reactions
- shallow breathing, a slow heartbeat, motor skill impairment, fainting, and seizures
- Liver damage
Because Percocet also contains acetaminophen, it generally carries more risk of side effects than Oxycodone alone. The most notable additional side effects of Percocet include liver-related problems, like dark urine.
Oxycodone and Percocet drug interactions
Percocet and Oxycodone are known to cause interactions with other drugs. Tell the doctor about any medications you take before you take Percocet or Oxycodone. The following are a few clinically significant drug interactions with Percocet and Oxycodone:
- inhibitors of CYP3A4 and CYP2D6, like azole-antifungal agents ( ketoconazole ), macrolide antibiotics ( erythromycin ), and protease inhibitors ( ritonavir )
- CYP3A4 inducers, including phenytoin and carbamazepine
- CNS depressants, like benzodiazepines and other hypnotics or sedatives, anxiolytics, general anesthetics, muscle relaxants, antipsychotics, and tranquilizers
- certain types of antidepressant drugs, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors ( or SSRI s ), serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors ( or SNRI s ), and triptans
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors ( or MAOI s ) are sometimes used to treat depression, dementia, and early-onset Parkinson’s disease.
- other mixed antagonist/ agonist and partial agonist opioid analgesics
- Diuretics are commonly used to cure high blood pressure and other conditions.
- anticholinergic drugs, like ipratropium ( Atrovent ), benztropine mesylate ( like Cogentin ), and atropine ( Atropine )
- activated charcoal beta-blockers, like propranolol
- lamotrigine ( Lamictal )
Addictive qualities of Percocet and Oxycodone
Opioids such as Percocet and Oxycodone activate your brain’s reward center. Users can become addicted to the way these opioid drugs make them feel. Percocet and Oxycodone affect your brain by increasing dopamine levels, a neurotransmitter linked with pleasure. It can result in a high and lead to Percocet or Oxycodone addiction. In addition to offering significant pain relief, Oxycodone and Percocet tend to give rise to various positively pleasurable feelings. These feelings increase the risk of opioid addiction. The dangers of addiction to Percocet and Oxycodone include overdose and death.
Percocet and Oxycodone users may show several addiction effects. Identifying the presence of these effects in a person who is using these opioid drugs can help one spot opioid abuse. Opioid painkillers such as Percocet and Oxycodone produce several other opioid addiction symptoms, including:
- confusion, mood swings, and depression
- reduced breathing rate and sweating
- low blood pressure
- difficulty with coordination
- difficulty sleeping or sleeping too much
Additionally, one may suffer from sexual dysfunction, reduced testosterone levels in men, osteoporosis, and immune system suppression. Opioid medicines are physically addictive, and withdrawal may be rough.
Percocet and Oxycodone overdose
As an individual develops addiction and tolerance to opioid drugs, he would need increased and more frequent doses to achieve the desired high. Acute overdosage with Oxycodone and acetaminophen tablets can result in cold and clammy skin, respiratory depression, constricted pupils, somnolence progressing to stupor or coma, skeletal muscle flaccidity, and, in rare cases, pulmonary edema, partial or complete airway obstruction, bradycardia, hypotension, atypical snoring, and death. Marked mydriasis rather than miosis can be seen with hypoxia in opioid overdose situations.