Showing all 2 results
What is Valium?
Valium, also available as Diazepam, is a medicine belonging to the benzodiazepine family of drugs that acts as an anxiolytic. Valium works by enhancing the activity of specific neurotransmitters of the brain. You can easily buy Valium online from a reliable source.
It helps treat alcohol withdrawal symptoms, anxiety disorders, or muscle spasms and stiffness. Sometimes, it is helpful to treat seizures with other medications.
Order Valium online from a trusted online pharmacy will help you get your drugs at reasonable rates without the hassle. Check the delivery and shipping services before making the order of your medicine.
How to take Valium?
- Take Valium precisely as per the doctor’s prescription. Read carefully and follow all the directions on the prescription label and instruction sheets. Occasionally, your doctor may change your dosage. Never use Valium in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than prescribed. If you are feeling an increased urge to use this drug, tell your doctor.
- Never use Valium with someone else, especially someone with a past of drug abuse or addiction. Misuse of Valium (Diazepam) can cause addiction, overdose, or death. It is against the lawful acts to sell or give away this medicine.
- One should use Valium for the short term only. Take your doctor’s advice if you feel like taking this medicine for more than four months.
- Do not stop taking this medicine suddenly, even if you feel well. Suddenly stopping using Valium can cause seizures or unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. Talk to the doctor before tapering your dose.
- You may often need medical tests.
- Store it away from heat and moisture at room temperature. Keep track of your medications. Be careful if anyone is misusing it or taking it without a prescription.
What to know before taking Valium?
You should avoid using Valium if you are allergic to Diazepam or if you have:
- A severe breathing problem;
- A muscle weakness disorder (myasthenia gravis);
- Narrow-angle glaucoma;
- Sleep apnea;
- Severe liver disease; or
- Uncontrolled or untreated open-angle glaucoma
It would help if you did not give Diazepam to a child younger than six months old. Consult a pediatrician before giving this medicine to a child.
To ensure Valium is safe for you, tell each of your medical healthcare providers if you have ever had:
- Breathing problems;
- Seizures (unless you have Diazepam for seizure disorder treatment);
- Liver or kidney disease;
- A drug or alcohol addiction;
- Mood swings;
- Depression; or
- Suicidal thoughts or behavior
It would help if you were alert while taking Valium because this medicine may cause suicidal thoughts. Tell about any worsening or new symptoms to your medical healthcare provider.
Take doctor’s advice before using or stop using Valium during pregnancy to treat seizures. Having seizures during pregnancy is harmful to both mother and baby. Tell the doctor right away about your pregnancy. If you use this medicine during pregnancy, you could give birth to a drug-dependent baby. A drug-dependent baby may need medical treatment for several weeks.
Avoid breastfeeding while using this medication.
What are the benefits of using Valium?
Valium (Diazepam) is beneficial in various health issues, including:
- Alcohol withdrawal symptoms;
- Muscle spasms or stiffness;
- Anxiety disorders; or
It can work in combination therapy also. In this, you need to take Valium (Diazepam) with other drugs.
What are the side effects of Valium?
Go for emergency medical help if you have allergic reactions due to the use of Valium. An allergic reaction sign may include hives, trouble breathing, swelling in your face, throat, lips, or tongue.
Valium (Diazepam) can slow or stop breathing, especially if you were recently using another drug that can slow your breathing, alcohol, or opioid medication. Your attendant should get medical attention if you have shallow breathing, if you stop breathing, or if you are hard to wake up.
Call your doctor instantly if you have:
- Unusual mood swings or changes in behavior;
- Severe dizziness or drowsiness;
- Suicidal thoughts or hurting yourself;
- New or worsening depression or anxiety symptoms;
- New or worsening seizures; or
- Sleep problems, confusion, hallucinations
Older adults are more likely to face the sedative effects of Valium. Accidental falls and injuries are common in people who take benzodiazepines.
Common side effects of Valium may include:
- Feeling tired;
- Problems with balance or muscle movement; or
- Muscle weakness
It is not a complete list of side effects, and others may occur. Consult your doctor regarding the consequence of these side effects on your health. Report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
How does Valium work?
Valium tends to increase gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) activity. GABA is a chemical that sends signals throughout your nervous system. Your body may turn into an excited state if you don’t have enough GABA in your body, leading to anxiety, seizures, muscle spasms. Valium will help collect more GABA in your body, and it will help decrease your stress, muscle spasms, and seizures.
It belongs to the benzodiazepines class of drugs. A type of drug refers to medication that works quite similarly. They have a similar chemical structure that’s why they often treat identical medical conditions.
What to avoid while using Valium?
Avoid alcohol consumption because it may cause dangerous side effects, and death may occur.
Interaction of grapefruit with Valium may lead to unwanted side effects. Avoid using grapefruit products.
Avoid driving any vehicle or performing hazardous activity until you know this medicine’s effect on your body. Dizziness or drowsiness can cause accidental falls or severe injuries.